Important message from Votey McVoteface

Please make sure that you do have a genuine local connection with the constituency that you vote in. Voting in a place where you've never had a connection could be constituted as electoral fraud which has serious legal repercussions.

If you are interested, we advise to additionally view this section of the Crisis website.

Once you have registered:

  1. Give the electoral office a few days to process your application and then chase them up to see if they have put you on the electoral roll. (You can still contact them regarding your applicatoin after the 26th of November)
  2. If you have any problems with this please perservere and let us know at

How to find your polling station:

Polling stations are open from 7am to 10pm on Thursday 12 December. You must vote at your assigned polling station. To find your polling station follow these instructions:

A) Use the address you used to register. Phone electoral services with this address and postcode and ask which is your polling station. Electoral Services phone numbers here:

Uxbridge (Hillingdon council): 01895 250251.
Calder Valley: 01422 393103
Pudsey: 0113 222 4411
Watford: 01923 278 369
St Albans: 01727 819294
Milton Keynes: 01908 254706
Erewash: 0115 9071190.
NE Somerset: 01225 477333
Kingswood: 01454 863030

Give yourself plenty of time to make the call as they will be busy on election day.

B) If you can't remember the address which you used to register it was on the Declaration of Local connection form you sent to electoral services. If you did this by email you should still have this PDF in your emails.

Other options:
If the above is not possible. Put the postcode of your registration address into the search field on - *unless* you registered in Uxbridge, in which case.....

Uxbridge Polling stations
Hillingdon (Uxbridge) Council made a mess with their polling station data so it isn't on So email us and we will do our best to help. By far the best thing to do is phone Hillingdon electoral services to be 100% certain where your polling station is. Their number is 01895 250251.

You don't need your poll card to vote
If you are registered to vote, but you don't have your poll card, you can go to the polling station and give them your name and *the address you used to register*. You don't need any other form of ID.

If you have opted to vote by post or proxy you should have received a separate form from the electoral office.

Additional declarations

Votey McVoteface spoke to an electoral officer at London Borough of Hillingdon and specifically asked about the need for an additional declaration. The officer stated that there was no need to provide any additional statements or paperwork to the single declaration of local connection form. This was confirmed in writting in an email from Hillingdon Council as well. 

There is nothing which says that a person making a declaration must be able to describe the address at which they are making a connection!